Red Bull Global Rallycross (GRC) Round 2 in Louisville, Kentucky,
proved to be a challenge for the Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross (VARX) pair of Scott
Speed and Tanner Foust. With weather as wild as the racing on the tight .699-mile
track at the Kentucky Exposition Center, the team continued their strong
showing right out of the gate after dominating Round 1 in Memphis. 

Kicking off the weekend, Speed and Foust once again showed the
field that the VARX Beetles had speed, with Speed leading practice and Foust
finishing first in qualifying Saturday. Speed then continued his strong run, winning
Heat 1B after starting second, and winning from the pole in Heat 2B. He then
went on to finish third after starting from pole in Heat 3B Sunday. 

Starting from pole in Heat 1B, Foust looked to add another
heat win to his record, but after making contact with another competitor,
received a five-second penalty which forced him to settle for fifth. Starting
fourth in Heat 2A, Foust fought hard to cross the finish line first. He then
started Heat 3B Sunday behind teammate Speed, nabbing the win. 

Heading into Semifinals A & B Sunday afternoon, it was a
pair of poles for Speed and Foust, with Speed lining up to start first in A and
Foust in B. After getting shuffled back in Semifinal A on the start, it came
down to a last lap battle and pass by Speed to take the win. Getting shuffled
back on the start in Semifinal B, Foust opted to take his Joker on the last lap
to pass and win, helping to sweep the Semifinals for VARX. 

The 10-lap Final launched with a wild start after Speed and
Foust started first and second but getting shuffled back to third and fourth. With
the leaders holding strong and battling it out ahead, Foust opted to take his
Joker Lap on his third turn around the track, running three wide into the
frontstretch sandwiched but fighting to advance. As the checkered flag waved,
Speed crossed the line to podium in third, with Foust behind in fourth.  

Leaving Louisville, Speed still retains the GRC Championship
Points lead with Foust behind in second, unofficially.  

Up next, the VARX duo head to the East Coast, hitting the
track at Thompson Speedway in Thompson, Connecticut, for their first
double-header of the season, June 3 & 4. Finals from Rounds 5 & 6 air
both Saturday and Sunday, June 3, and 4, live on NBC at 5 p.m. ET.

Scott Speed – No. 41 Oberto Circle K Beetle

Started: 1 // Finished: 3 // Championship 1
(150 pts.)

“Our race went according to plan until a competitor got into me and started to move me out of the way. It pushed me off track, which dropped us back to fourth. I did what I could to fight back. I was quicker than the cars in front of me, but neither first or second made any mistakes those last three laps. It was really, really fun racing. I’m very happy for Sebastian (Eriksson), getting the win. He’s a great kid and I’m glad he got a win this year. We’re still in the points lead heading to Thompson, not giving up too many points this weekend.” 

Tanner Foust – No. 34 Rockstar Energy Drink
Beetle GRC

Started: 2 // Finished: 4 // Championship 2
(140 pts.)

“It was certainly a crazy weekend with the weather changes. Qualifying first was a good start to the weekend, but it was just an absolute battle from there on out. I’m really happy to win two out of the three heats and the Semifinal, so there were some really great points collected. In the Final, I couldn’t see much and it was like bumper cars out there. I know Scott [Speed] and I bumped into each other at one point, so I hope I didn’t set him back. It was honestly just mayhem in the mud. We’ll just have to see where the points settle and move on to Thompson.”